Tuesday 17 August 2010

Rob Dobi; Visual Response.







Screen shots from my visual response assignment.







Rob Dobi; A Visual Response.

 

 
“Since 1999 I have been documenting the landscape of the abandoned northeast, focusing on institutional and industrial structures that no longer serve their intended purpose.”

- Rob Dobi.




I find similarities within my work in relation to Rob Dobi. We both aim to capture isolated and abandoned locations, to not only represent the absence within these places, but capture somewhere that may not exist once visited.



Within Dobi’s imagery, the constant use of colour, line and strong composition is evident, which were the main focus within my visual response. I first approached Dobi’s Infirmary series, focusing on an image revolving around colour and strong line work. I used this as a starting point and moved onto various other images throughout his work. I decided to respond to these images also; as it maintained similar structures and interesting imagery to which I could relate to.



The locations used for this photo shoot ranged from an old burnt out building to an abandoned nursing home; both situated on the Mornington Peninsula.

No comments:

Post a Comment