Tuesday 7 June 2011

Final Review; Semester One, 2011.












Taken within a local abandoned home, these images revolve around the irony in which beauty can take shape within such unwelcoming, desolated and uninhibited locations. 

Thanks to some changes within my life, I have come to notice a natural transition within my work. Whilst connected with a number of people, I originally focused on destructive elements and environments; subconsciously commenting on my unhappiness at the time, and the negative effect these relationships had upon my lifestyle.
Since progressing past these individuals, my outlook through the lens has altered. Subsequently, within this body of work, I’ve found the variants in my attitude towards photography have allowed me to deviate from past themes. Exploring more of a true sense of beauty within the eye of the beholder; channelling the use of natural splendour to shape my images.

I find the act of beauty transforming these locations as metaphor for life and death; the end of manmade construction and the beginning of naturalistic form.



We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
In Flanders Fields.

- John McCrae, 1915.

No comments:

Post a Comment